Friday, May 6, 2011

Chips and Fish Sandwich


Salt and Vinegar Potato Chip Encrusted Fish Sandwich

I love a good fish sandwich especially when it’s warm out. So when I came across this variation I knew I wanted to try. It's like Fish and Chips all in one. I turned the recipe into a single serving since it was just me that night.


Ingredients:

1 fresh piece of cod
1/2 cup of egg whites from the carton
2 big handfuls of salt and vinegars chips
1 roll
lettuce, tomato, mayo (anything you like to put on your sandwich)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with PAM. Put potato chips in ziplock bag and crush them into fine pieces. I would crush them until they are as fine as you can get them. I didn't do this well and I had a hard time getting them to stick to the fish.  Dip the fish into the egg whites then dredge in potato chips. Pressing so the chips stick. Place on baking sheet. I sprinkled some crushed potato chips on top since they weren't sticking well. Bake 18 minutes, until it's golden brown.

Let sit a few minutes before placing fish on sandwich. I put a little mayo (since I’m not really a fan) so it wasn't dry, tomato slices, and lettuce on roll then placed the fish on top. It had a good flavor and was light and flakey.

Enjoy Kath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...