Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mango and Brie Quesadilla

I love mangos. They are probably my favorite fruit. But they intimate me and I hardly every buy a whole mango. I feel like they are hard to cut and the pit is so big you hardly get any fruit from it. But I decided to buy a few to make this quesadilla. They luckily weren't as difficult to cut as I remember.


I also came across these frozen cilantro cubes. I had seen them in the food network magazine a few months back and thought what a great idea they were. They come in a bunch of different kinds: ginger, garlic, basil, and the cilantro one I purchased. I think they are a great idea. I know fresh cilantro isn't expensive. I just don't like to waste a whole bunch when all I need is a little.


Ingredients:
tortilla
cilantro
mango
brie
sprinkle of red pepper
lime
honey

I make my quesdillas on the grill/griddler we have. They turn out really good on there. Preheat your grill, pan, or quesdilla maker. Cut the mango and brie cheese into chucks. The smaller the better since both are pretty heavy. Put the first tortilla onto the warm surface. Sprinkle cilantro on the tortilla. In my case I put the cube of cilantro down and let it melt and then I spread it out evenly. Place the cheese an mango around the tortilla. Sprinkle with red pepper and put the top tortilla on.



Brie melts pretty fast so it only took about 5 minutes to cook. As you can see my chunks were too big so the next one I cut them a lot smaller. It was too much weight and made it very hard to eat without everything falling out.



After it was cooked and cut into triangles I made a little dipping sauce of lime and honey. Just mixed a little fresh lime juice with some honey. Definitely not needed and I hardly used it but it was nice to dip some of the pieces in it for a different taste.

Adapted from the Food Network.

This linked to www.familyfreshmeals.com

Enjoy!
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...