Thursday, December 1, 2011

Buckeye Brownies and Our One Year Blog Anniversary


It's our one year blog anniversary.  The girls and I have all had fun cooking and taking pictures and want to thank all of our readers for checking out what we have been up to.  I know the next year we will be bringing more delicious recipes for everyone to enjoy! Thanks also to my son-in-law John for contributing his great recipes as well.

My youngest daughter's friend has been bringing buckeyes to us on Christmas morning for years now.  We always look forward to the doorbell ringing because we know she will be bringing us a plate full of the delicious peanut butter/chocolate candy.  Sam has to usually hide the plate from us so her family won't eat them all.  When I saw these at food.com I knew everyone would love them.  Luckily all the girls and both my son-in-laws came over for dinner on Sunday before Sam went back to school and I think the brownies were a hit.  They can be made very easily and only have a few ingredients so I know these will be made again.



Ingredients:
1 box of brownie mix, made according to back of box
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup softened butter
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk, as needed
1/2 cup heavy cream
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Prepare the brownies according to the directions on the box or according to your own recipe.
Allow cooked brownies to cool completely.


In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar until well combined and smooth.  The mixture should be thick, but you can add a tablespoon or two of milk if needed so that you can spread the mixture on top of the brownies.



You can't see the brownies but they are under the layer of peanut butter mixture.

Heat the cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until it just begins to boil.  Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips.  Whisk until the chocolate is melted and it all comes together and becomes very shiny.





Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then pour over the peanut butter and brownie layers.  Smooth the chocolate layer and then place the brownies in the refrigerator for at least an hour.  Cut into small pieces.

Enjoy!  Susan

This is linked to www.wellseasonedlife.comwww.iheartnaptime.netwww.mizhelenscountrycottagewww.eatathomecooks.com, http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com

17 comments:

  1. Oh. MY GOD. Those are to die for!! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday and Happy Blogiversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking these up a Weekend Potluck. For some reason the link isn't working right when you click on it. Is there any way you can re-link back up. I think the "l" from the end of "html" of the link dropped off so it's not directing folks directly to this page. I appreciate it - these look good and lots of people have mentioned them! Also, if you'd like, you can grab one of our Weekend Potluck buttons and insert it right into your blog post or on the sidebar so everyone can join in on the fun! Thanks again - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I make buckeyes & these look so incredibly yummy!! I'll be trying them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your First Year Anniversary, that is awesome! Your Buckeye Brownies look delicious and I sure wish I had one with my afternoon tea. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen
    A New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrat for the first year, keep up the good work. I missed my first year, had to be out of the state for awhile, so my party didn't happen. So I give you balloons and streamers for your party...............the brownie looks wonderful ..andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary of your blog!! That's wonderful! And these brownies look amazing! definitely a keeper! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more great ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing! Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking...WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT???? These HAVE to be mouth-wateringly wonderful. I pinned them and will be making them very soon. My d-i-l LOVES peanut butter/choco - me too! How nice you were featured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I just thought I'd let you know that after I pinned these last night...I received notice from nearly 500 more re-pins by noon today! FAN.TAS.TIC recipe! =) Congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those look amazing and I can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks so yummy!
    happy 1st blog anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from Sweet Indulgences Sunday! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! These look yummers! I am pinning this recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love Buckeye's! Thanks for sharing at Tiffany's site - putting these on must try list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. With Ohio-born family members who are enthusiastic Buckeye fans, this is a recipe I will have to make to be consumed during a football game! Go Bucks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...