Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Avocado & Cherry Chicken Salad

I can't believe it's already the middle of August. Actually when I think about it I get really upset. So I'm going to pretend it's not true and give you a recipe that screams summer. I'm not a big fan of chicken salad usually because its drenched in mayo just like potato salad and pasta salad. But this recipe is different because it uses mostly Greek yogurt which I love.

Ingredients:

1 grilled chicken breast
25 cherries cut into small pieces
1/2 diced cucumber
2 diced avocados
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
dash of salt and pepper

Adapted from Cheeky Kitchen




Grill a piece of chicken breast. While that is cooking cut up the cucumber and cherries into small pieces. The cucumber was very easy per usual but since I don't have a cherry pitter they were a little more difficult. I just cut chucks off the pit leaving the stem attached to it and it really wasn't that hard at all. Mix those together. Let chicken cool while you cut up the the avocado into small chucks as well. Then move onto the chicken. As easy as this recipe looks it took me forever to cut all these ingredients up.


Next mix all of them together in a bigger bowl. Stir in the little bit of mayo, the Greek yogurt, and the honey until well blended. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Serve on lettuce (I was feeling healthy that night), bread, or plain. And let's pretend it's the beginning of the summer.

Enjoy!

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...