Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Veggie & Cheese Bagel



I booked marked this recipe on the Pioneers Women's website about 3 years ago when I first started looking at food blogs. I've wanted to make it ever since but every summer passes and I never do. So last week when I got home from vacation I headed over to the Farmers Market by work to get my ingredients. Lucky enough there is a bagel place right next door. I choose a nice whole wheat everything bagel (no Bagel Chateau or Brielle Bagel but it was fine).

Adapted from Pioneer Women Cooks

Ingredients:

Everything Bagel
Chive Cream Cheese (I used store brought instead of making my own)
Alfalfa Sprouts
Tomato
Avocado
Cucumber
Lettuce
Cheddar Cheese
Meunster Cheese


Spread cream cheese evenly on the toasted bagel. Cut the tomato, avocado, cucumber into slices. Layer ingredients onto bagel. I've never brought alfalfa sprouts before and was thinking about leaving them off the bagel but I found them and they were a nice addition to the sandwich. I chose to do the alfalfa sprouts first on one side, then the slices of cheese, and lastly the lettuce. The second side I did the avocado, tomato, and then the cucumber.


Then put the sides together. This is not a small sandwich and it's quite hard to cut in half and eat. But well worth the struggle to fit it into your mouth. It's a pretty healthy sandwich other then the bagel and very filling. Perfect for a summer night when you don't want to turn the oven or grill on. 

Enjoy 

Kathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...