Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shrimp Po' Boys

I've saved a bunch of shrimp recipes lately in my favorites which is good because I just brought a large bag of frozen shrimp. I had all intentions on making another shrimp sandwich but when I saw this I knew I'd enjoy this recipe better. It was lighter then most shrimp po' boy sandwich since they usually use breaded shrimp.

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 - 1 teaspoon red (cayenne) pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
About 25 small shrimp (depends on size but this was enough for 2 sandwiches)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 sub rolls
mayonnaise
hot sauce
lettuce 
tomato


Mix together the first 7 ingredients in shallow bowl. Defrost shrimp and remove tail if necessary. I brought a bag of very small shrimp. I wold recommend more of a medium size since after cooking they get very small. Add shrimp to mixture and coat. 


Heat oil in saute pan. Add shrimp and cook about 3 minutes each side until shrimp is pink and thoroughly cooked. Cut the rolls in half. I spread a mixture of mayonnaise and hot sauce on the roll. It added a little kick to the already spicy shrimp. It was really good though the next time I made it I just used plain mayonnaise. Top with shrimp, lettuce, and tomato. 



Enjoy! Kathryn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...