Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Cookie # 9- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies


With Christmas only 2 days away, I have finally started baking. I found these cookies awhile ago on Pinterest.com and pinned them to make for Christmas. I love chocolate chip cookies- well I love all cookies but chocolate chip are one of my favorites. I was a little discouraged at first, when I baked my first batch they didn't brown or spread out. But Kathy sent me this website on how to bake the perfect chocolate chip cookie http://theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php . So I followed it by rolling the dough into balls and refrigerating them for a while and it worked! These cookies don't brown as much as normal chocolate chip cookies because of the cream cheese, but they are delicious!

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
10 Tbs unsalted butter- softened (1 stick & 2 Tbs)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3 oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
12 oz chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375.

Combine flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda in a bowl, mix and set aside. In a separate bowl blend together butter, sugar, egg and cream cheese. Gradually begin to beat in dry ingredients, until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.


Roll or scoop into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper and place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Using the bottom of a glass,  press the cookies down so they bake evenly. Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.

 Enjoy!!!! Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...