Saturday, February 4, 2012

Grilled Chile Lime Chicken - GO GIANTS!


I have never been a football fan but will watch a few games during the season just for something to do. Baseball and the Yankees have always been my favorite sport and team to watch. But my dad, father-in-law and husband have watched the Giants for at least the last 50 years and probably many more than that.  So I will have a houseful of very excited Giants fans tomorrow and I hope they win as it will be much more fun time if they do.    

Even though the picture doesn't look very appetizing this was so moist and flavorful and it only took a few minutes to prepare.  Sometimes chicken gets dried out on the grill but with this marinade it doesn't. Serve with rice and beans and you have a filling, delicious meal that is easy enough to make after a long day at work, like my daughters have every day.  I have long days at work sometimes but my commute is much better than theirs since my office is in my house.  I think they are sometimes envious of that. I found this at www.bettycrocker.com.

Ingredients:
2 tsp grated lime peel
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

To make the marinade mix all ingredients except chicken in a bowl.  If you do not like cilantro you can substitute parsley instead.


Pound chicken breasts between wax paper with a meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.  Pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag and add chicken.  Refrigerate 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.


Heat grill.  Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.  Cook chicken over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes turning once or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut or 170 degrees on a meat thermometer.

Enjoy!  Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...