Friday, May 25, 2012

Lemon Ricotta Cookies


Since it is the unofficial start of the summer this weekend I was very torn on what recipe to share with you. I wanted something that was light and seasonal, these cookies ending up being exactly what I was looking for. Citrus treats are perfect for the summer and they would be a great addition to any Memorial Day Weekend Cookout. For me this weekend means going down the shore to enjoy some highly anticipated and well deserved relaxation time. Depending on the weather I generally hit all of our favorite outdoor summer bars, as well as take a walk on the beach and lay in the hammock to begin reading my first book of the summer. I hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend as well :) 


Ingredients for Cookies:
2 Eggs
3 Cups of Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Stick I Can't Believe it's Not Butter - Softened
15oz Part Skim Ricotta
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Cups Sugar
1 Lemon - Zested

Ingredients for Glaze:
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Lemon - Zested
 
Start by preheating your oven to 375 F. In a stand mixer bowl beat the softened butter and sugar till its light and fluffy using the paddle attachment on a medium speed. Add the eggs and beat again for 2-3 minutes.
Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Beat again for about 30 seconds. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet in two separate increments mixing to combine each time.
On a baking sheet prepared with a sheet of parchment paper put dollops of the dough 2 inches apart from one another. An ice cream scooper works great for this. Don't be alarmed this batter is slightly loose more like cake batter than cookie but it turns out to be a soft and moist treat.
Bake for 13 minutes until the bottom edges are slightly browned. Take out of the oven, cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet, than transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Once the cookies have completely cooled you can make the glaze. Combine the powdered sugar in a small bowl with the lemon juice and lemon zest. Using a knife spread a little bit of the glaze over the top of the cookie. Let the glaze set afterwards for about 15 minutes.
Enjoy!! - Nicole

http://www.lemonsforlulu.com/

6 comments:

  1. These bring back memories of my Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look very good and old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sound delicious. I love lemon and am always on the lookout for new recipes. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful and delicious cookies
    I have a similar recipe and we just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the lemon flavor and your cookies look wonderful! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look yummy! I've never seen ricotta in a cookie. I think I may have to try these soon. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...