Friday, April 4, 2014

Sesame Street Birthday Party Ideas

I want to take a break from food and recipes to share with all of you what I worked on for the last few weeks leading up to our son Owen's 1st birthday last month. I chose to go with Sesame Street for his parties and I thought it was a great theme using all primary color decorations and paper products.
We decided to split up our guests and host two parties at our house on back to back weekends which I totally suggest if you have a large crowd and are forced to have the party inside. This made set up and decorating easy since we just kept everything up in between parties. All you need are some balloons, crepe paper and tape to make fun, cheap and easy decorations.

I got a lot of great tips and ideas off of Pinterest like this balloon wall and highchair tray decoration from other bloggers so I wanted to pay it forward. I also had lots of help from some great women on ETSY, without them his party wouldn't have been as fun or creative. Everything I purchased from them was amazing and worth every penny. If you are interested in any of their products please check out the links to their stores below.

Our adult sized Sesame Street character t-shirts are from 80's Tees.


Balloon Wreath for our Front Door:
Two different Sesame Street Onesies for the Birthday Boy:
Milestone Chalkboard
Nicole at Personalized Chalk https://www.etsy.com/shop/PersonalizedChalk

Photo Taken By: Tracy Kondrk Photography

Cake Smash Outfit
Elaine at Sew Many Possibilities https://www.etsy.com/shop/SMPstore





Invites, Signs, Banners, Thank You Cards, Water Bottle Labels, Cupcake Toppers, Favor Tag etc... were all digital images sent to me by Kelli and then I printed and cut almost everything out myself. The invitations and thank you cards I had printed at Staples since we needed a ton of them but her personalized Sesame Street package was perfect, her designs saved me lots of time and money.

These Cookie Monster & Elmo cups from Party City were favors for the kiddies.


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey it's Deonna from the Child at Heart blog. I LOVE this and would love for you to link up at our link party this week! I also have a super great spring necklace to give away so come on over :)
    http://www.thechildatheartblog.com/2014/04/link-party-with-morganize-with-me.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...