Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hot Cocoa Cookies



Adapted for How Sweet it is

Its my favorite time of the year COOKIE BAKING SEASON! Every year after Thanksgiving I go through my recipe book and pick out 10 different cookie recipes that I want to bake. I usually start baking a week before Christmas, I came across this recipe and couldn't wait to try it. That thought of having hot chocolate in cookie form made my mouth water.


2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup marshmallow fluff
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in marshmallow fluff.

Fold in chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove and roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.  I actually sprayed the parchment paper with alittle Pam just to make sure they wouldnt stick. These cookies become very gooey so if you don't put something on your baking sheet they are very hard to get off I found this out after my first batch.



Bake for 10 minutes. Make sure cookies are fully cooked, they will be sticky looking from the marshmallows & fluff. For easy removal from the baking sheet stick in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely.

Make Approx 24 cookies

Enjoy!!!- Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...