Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oreo Fudge Balls

Merry Christmas to all of the Flavors by Four followers!!
We hope you enjoyed your holiday!!
I made these Oreo fudge balls the other day and brought them with me on Christmas Eve to my new sister & mother - in law's house. They were a hit, everyone raved about how delicious and rich they were. I can't decide if I consider them a Christmas cookie or a piece of homemade chocolate. Regardless, they are amazing!!

Ingredients:
1 package of Philadelphia 1/3 Fat Cream Cheese - softened
1 package of Oreo Cookies - Crumbled
10 oz Semi- Sweet Baker's Chocolate - Melted

This recipe was given to me from Mrs. Fuller. She is the mother of one of my basketball athletes at Steven's.

Start by putting the oreos in the food processor to crumble them up. My food processor isn't big enough to crumble the whole package at once so I had to do this step a couple of times.
Once all of the cookies are crumbled, in a large bowl add the package of softened cream cheese and mix them together using a wooden spoon or spatula. The softer the cream cheese the easier this will be. It will take a few minutes but eventually it will begin to form clumps. Keep mixing it around until you feel they are fully combined.
Next take out a cookie sheet and some parchment paper. Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls and place them on the parchment paper. I make most of them about an inch in size. It up to you, how big or small you want them to be. Once all of the balls are formed put the cookie sheet in the fridge to chill them for about 30 minutes.
In a small microwave safe bowl heat up 3 squares of chocolate at a time (if you are using Baker's chocolate that will be 3 oz). I am always afraid I will burn the chocolate so I put it in the microwave for no more than a minute or so at a time. Once the chocolate squares are melted use a toothpick to mix it around. Take your chilled Oreo balls out of the fridge and begin to dip them in the chocolate using a toothpick. Make sure it is covered entirely by the chocolate and place it back on the parchment paper. If you are having trouble taking out the toothpick out gently wiggly it back and forth.
Continue to melt the chocolate and dip the Oreo balls until every one of them have been fully covered. Sometimes after the Oreo balls have been out of the fridge for awhile they begin to fall apart in the warm chocolate. If this happens take a break from dipping the balls and return them to the fridge for a few minutes, until they cool down. When I am finished dipping the balls, I take the extra chocolate and cover up the hole in the top where the toothpick was. Place them back in the fridge for about an hour so the chocolate has a chance to fully harden. After you feel the chocolate is hard you can put them in a tupperware and store them in the fridge for a few days.
Enjoy!! - Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...