Monday, January 3, 2011

Chicken Burrito with Lime Rice

Who doesn't love a burrito from Qdoba? I surely do. One day I realized I could definitely copy them and make it at home. You do need a bunch of ingredients but its very easy once you have them. You can add anything you want to this recipe. You can make it with Steak or Ground Beef.  My roommate added beans in hers while I left them out.

Ingredients:

1 package of Chicken
A sprinkling of Chicken Seasoning, Red and Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder
1 package Burrito sized Tortillas
1 package of Beans
1 package frozen peppers and onions

1 box of rice
1 handful chopped cilantro
2 lime

Cheese
Sour Cream
Guacamole
Salsa
Tortilla Chips

There is no exact measurements for this recipe. I just kind of threw everything together and hoped for the best.


First I cut up the chicken into small pieces and sprinkled it with some spices I had in the cabinet. I choose my Mrs. Dash Grilled Chicken Seasoning, Red Pepper, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder.


Then I heated up the grill and sprayed it with PAM.


While that was grilling I sauteed the peppers and onions in Olive Oil. I used a frozen bag of Fire Grilled Peppers and Onions from Trader Joe's. But I know they have similar bags at Shop Rite. Then I started the rice.


I picked a box of new Whole Grain White Rice that I wanted to try. I followed the directions on the box to the cook the rice. Once it was done I chopped a handful of cilantro and squeezed and zessted the limes. I enjoy things sour but it's up to you how much lime you want to add to the amount of rice you've cooked.


Cover to keep it warm until you are ready to use it. Roomie then showed me a trick to heat the tortillas. You put them right on the burner and flip them with tongs. You can always heat them in the oven like my Mom always done. But since we were only heating two it was easier.


She then heated up the microwavable black beans to add to her Burrito. Then it was assembly time. We put on the rice and chicken first. Then the peppers and onions, beans, guacamole, and shredded cheddar cheese. We used store brought guacamole since the avocado at the food store were not ripe enough to use the same day. You can add sour cream and salsa at this time too. 


Then its rolling time which is sort of difficult. It's kind of like a present you have to do the opposite sides at the same time. I'm surely not a pro and pretty much had to eat mine with a fork and knife but it was still really good. We also added some chips and salsa for a little side dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...