Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Shortbread Bars

I'm not a big baker but when I came across this recipe I knew I had to make it. I'm a big peanut butter fan and have been since I was little. I whipped this up one night and it was quite easy. When I do bake I enjoy baking bars instead of cookies because its so much quicker.

Adapted from www.picky-palate.com


4 sticks softened butter
1 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
3 3/4 Cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 Cup strawberry jam
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 Tablespoons heavy cream

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Mix sugar and butter together with a mixer. Add flour and salt slowly until combined. Split dough in half. (I baked the other half with just some Nutella on top.) Transfer half the dough into a greased tin foil 8x8 pan. 


Melt 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup of jelly separately in the microwave. Pour and spread peanut butter evenly over dough. Then do the same with the jelly. Take a knife and swirl the two together. 


Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the edges are brown. Remove and let cool completely. Cut into squares and remove from the pan. Mix the heavy cream and powdered sugar until it becomes smooth and then drizzle over the bars. Makes 9 bars.


Enjoy Kathy! 

Linked at: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...