Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Asparagus Pizza


Asparagus are my favorite spring time vegetable so when I saw this I knew I had to make it. I wasn't sure how difficult shaving the asparagus was going to be but it turned out to be pretty quick and easy.

adapted from http://smittenkitchen.com/

Ingredients:

Pizza dough (I use the Pillsbury can because its my favorite)
1 bunch of asparagus
2 teaspoons olive oil 
salt
black pepper
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425 or the temperature your dough states. Spray cookie sheet with PAM.

Wash and then use a vegetable peeler to shave the asparagus. Hold the bottom as a handle and start peeling upwards. Don't worry about them not coming out evenly. Feel free to cut some of the thicker peels. Don't worry about the bottom you end up discarding them. Toss the shaved asparagus in a bowl with the olive oil, some pepper, and salt. 


Roll the dough out on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle the dough with the mozzarella cheese and some Parmesan. Then arrange asparagus shavings on top. Bake for 14 minutes or until the pizza dough's edges are brown and cheese is bubbling. 


Enjoy Kathryn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...