Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blondies- Easter Edition

Usually I start looking for Cadbury Mini Eggs around February. I buy a few mini bags until it gets closer to Easter then I go for the big bag. They are one of my favorite things about Easter. They weren't always. My favorite used to be Whopper's Malted Robins Eggs but in college I realized I liked Mini Eggs so much more (with the help of my roommates that all liked them). I was trying to think of a creative way to bake with them. Cookies? No. Brownies? No. Then I remembered that I've wanted to bake blondies for awhile now. I found a recipe on http://www.lovintheoven.com/ for Dorie Greenspan's Blondies and just changed a few things.

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups (packed) light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 of a large bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray Pam on a 9×13-inch baking pan and put it on a baking sheet. Take softened butter and beat it with a mixer. Then add both sugars and mix well. Add one egg at a time and then the vanilla.  In a seperate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder together. Gradully add the dry mixer to the wet mixture and mix until well combinded. Using a rubber spatual mix in most of the bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs.


Scrape the batter into the buttered pan and spread it out. For me this was hard and it didn't seem like enough dough to fill it. But it worked out because the baking soda and powder expanded the dough. Sprinkle on the rest of the mini eggs and baked for 40 minutes (the pan on top of the baking sheet) or until the top is golden brown. Most of the mini eggs will sink in. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.  


Enjoy! Happy Easter! Kathryn!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...