Friday, November 4, 2011

Apple Cider Sauerkraut Pork Chops


This is a great fall dinner that is easy to prepare and has a great flavor. I got this recipe from my mom but I decided to make it my own way. She uses a thicker cut of pork and gravy instead of apple cider. I really enjoyed my version, its lighter and quicker although I like my mom's way as well. This pairs perfectly with mashed potatoes and green beans. 

Ingredients:
4 Thin Sliced Pork Chops
1 Apple - Sliced
1 Cup Apple Cider
1 1/2 Cup Sauerkraut
1 Cup Plain Breadcrumbs
1 Egg
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
S&P
Begin by preheating your oven to 375 F. Salt and Pepper both sides of the pork chops. Put a large pan over medium heat and add your olive oil. Dip the pork chop first in the egg wash and then into the breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess and place them in the pan. Brown each side for 5 minutes.
When they are finished cooking pour the apple cider into the bottom of the pan. Place a heaping spoonful of sauerkraut on top of each pork chop. Slice up the apple, putting two large slices on top of the sauerkraut. Cover the pan and roast it in the oven for 15 minutes. This will alllow the apples to soften, the sauerkraut to warm up and the pork chops to become tender from the acid in the cider. Delicious!!
Enjoy!! - Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...