Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sweet Potato Casserole & Happy Thanksgiving


I will be enjoying Thanksgiving tomorrow at my house with 17 people in my family.  Luckily for me my four daughters will be helping with the sides dishes and desserts.  My mom is here from Florida so she has been helping me all day getting the tables set, polishing the silver, and cleaning up everything as I cook. There is nothing better than a helper on a day like today. This recipe has been a family favorite for many years.  The pecan topping makes the sweet potato casserole so delicious you could almost eat this for dessert.  I hope every one has a very Happy Thanksgiving Day!      

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked, peeled sweet potatoes
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Topping:
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel sweet potatoes.



Mix sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and eggs with sweet potatoes in stand mixer. Pour into a greased casserole dish.


Mix topping together by cutting semi-soft butter into chunks and then cutting into mixture with a fork or a fork and knife. Sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. This can be made a day ahead of time and warmed up in the oven or microwave the next day.

Enjoy!!



Linked at: http://www.thecountrycook.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...