Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Almond Blondies


Happy Valentine's Day!
It has finally stopped snowing here.  I think we have over 17" of snow with more snow on the horizon for tomorrow.  I plan on spending some of my day seeing my two grandchildren and giving them big hugs and kisses. What a lucky Grandma I am!  I have never made blondies before because I love chocolate so brownies are always my first choice but these have a good flavor too.  The recipe is adapted from allrecipes.com.  These are quick enough to make a batch today.  Enjoy your weekend!  

Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter, melted
1-3/4 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup valentine M & M's

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 13" x 9" pan with PAM.  Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan over medium heat stirring until smooth.



Set aside for 5 minutes so it will cool.  Add eggs one at a time stirring after each addition.  Add almond and vanilla extracts.  Stir in flour, baking powder and baking soda.  Add 1/2 of the chocolate chips and M & M's. Stir until blended.


 Pour into prepared pan.  Sprinkle rest of chocolate chips and M & M's over top.  Bake for 25 minutes.



Cool before cutting into squares.



Enjoy!!



Linked at: thecountrycook.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...